Minuteman Senior Services
A local non-profit organization that provides services for seniors and caregivers, including meals, grocery shopping, personal care, money management, health insurance, counseling, nursing, home screening, legal services, memory disorder consultation, and private care management.
Burlington, MA 01803
Executive Office of Elders Affairs
Dedicated to providing seniors and their families with answers to their questions about services and opportunities available to seniors and their caregivers in the state of Massachusetts.
Boston, MA 02108
(800) 882-2003 (MA only)
A public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging that connects seniors and their families with local agencies which provide community-based services like transportation, meals, home care, and caregiver support services.
Alzheimer’s Association, Massachussetts Chapter
A non-profit organization with extensive programs and services dedicated to supporting families and professionals working to find effective treatments and a cure for Alzheimer’s.
Watertown, MA 02472
- Insider’s Guide to Assisted Living by Molly Shomer, LMSW, PGCM
- National Institute On Aging “So Far Away: 20 Questions For Long-Distance Caregivers”
- Boston Globe 1/5/2010 “Mass. Lags on Homes for Assisted Living”
- Social Work Today Vol.5 No. 6 P.3 “Relocation Stress Syndrome in Older Adults”by Tracy Greene Mintz, MA, MSW, ACSW
- The Boomer Burden: Dealing with Your Parents’ Lifetime Accumulation of Stuff by Julie Hall
- When the Time Comes: Families with Aging Parents Share Their Struggles and Solutions by Paula Span
Want to know more about how I can help you?
Serving clients in Acton, Boxborough, Concord, Lincoln, Sudbury, Westford, Boston and other communities in and around Middlesex County Massachusetts as well as Southern New Hampshire. Transition with Care is bonded and insured.